Monday, October 27, 2014

Wildlife Sighting and Cooking

We went to the Queen Vic Market on Sunday to get ingredients for a taco salad recipe we wanted to try. I went to make the salad and while I was washing off the lettuce, this gross creature crawled out. 
DISGUSTING SLUG!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure this is a common occurrence but I've never seen a slug in my veggies before. Anyway, ironic that my "wildlife sightings" so far have consisted of cockroaches, a few small spiders, and a slug. If the only reason you're reading any of this is to catch a glimpse of a kangaroo or koala, no worries, we are heading to Phillip Island this weekend and we should (hopefully) see some real wildlife! Also, Liam Hemsworth is originally from Phillip Island, so it's essentially holy ground. Stay tuned. We booked our first Airbnb ever for this trip, so here's to hoping we don't get murdered or something. 

The taco salad turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself. 


I've been attempting to improve my cooking skills in recent weeks, so yesterday I made a homemade chicken noodle soup, which also turned out pretty well! It was cool and rainy, which made for perfect soup weather. 
This is a big step for someone who has been known to ruin boxed macaroni and cheese. 

Continuing with the food theme, I met friends for dinner last night at a restaurant called David's and tried dumplings, which I don't think I've ever had before. They were really good! 
The restaurant was super cute
The moment of truth. Sylvie has a habit of taking pictures of me eating...super attractive. I struggled with the chopsticks for awhile before just switched to a fork. So American.

And of course we needed dessert. Banana fritters with chocolate ice cream. Unreal. 

Also, on a random note, Taylor Swift's new album is amazing and if you haven't listened to it yet, you should. That's all! 




6 comments:

  1. An actor. Also, Miley Cyrus' ex-fiancé. Also, the most attractive human in the history of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When KK was in middle school, I took her and a few of her friends to see a movie that featured Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. It was the most ridiculous movie I've ever seen. I think it was a middle school hit, though. The soup looks great. Good job cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love David's! You should go there for Yum Cha one weekend. Just downloaded 1989 last night. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you ruined a packet of Mac and Cheese! Ha, I once tried to boil water and I burned it! This is a true story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Honestly, I've probably burned water at some point too. Cooking is not a strength of mine!

      Delete

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *