Friday, August 1, 2014

Peter's Birthday

Thursday was Peter's birthday. One of his bosses was in town so poor Peter spent 13 hours at work. Happy birthday to you!!! However, we were able to squeeze in a late night dinner celebration at a pizza restaurant down the street. It was really good! When you order pepperoni here, it's salami or some other kind of ham instead of what we are used to. Peter really liked this pizza because the meat was closer to the pepperoni he usually eats.
Tomorrow we will continue the celebration with a trip to the Sea Life Aquarium right down the road from us, which Peter has been looking forward to all week.

Yesterday we spent the majority of the day deep cleaning our apartment. 
It took a few hours but it was much needed and we both feel confident that it's clean now! 

Last night we went out to dinner with Peter's boss, who leaves for New Zealand today to continue his business trip. Rough life. We ate at the restaurant at the Hilton on the east side of town. I've been wanting to try kangaroo since we've arrived and when I saw it on the menu last night I decided to take the leap and order it. I would have taken a picture but I thought paparazzi-ing my food while at dinner with Peter's boss might not be totally acceptable :). When it came it looked basically like a steak. It tasted like one too but a little chewier and more rare. It was actually really good! I would order it again, and next time I'll take a picture. 

The weather has been rainy and chilly most of the week. Yesterday, I overheard someone say that it was supposed to be the coldest day of the year - the high was 48 degrees. While that's not really "cold" in my experience, it does feel chilly because we have the bay to our west, which provides lots of wind! Also, when you have to walk everywhere you start to notice the weather a little bit more! We are looking forward to spring, which officially begins in September, but it should start to warm up here in a few weeks. I'm sure before long I'll be complaining about the heat! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *