Monday, July 10, 2017

Weekend Recap

This weekend consisted, as usual, of a bunch of food and hot weather. Story of our summer down here! On Saturday night we were looking for somewhere to get dessert and among the ten million various ice cream places, we found this bite-sized cheesecake food truck. Because that sounded like a  lot more fun than ice cream, we headed over to check it out. THEY WERE SO GOOD. The truck is officially called "The Celia Jacobs Cheesecake Experience" and I think we got to talk to Celia herself. We ended up taking one of each flavor they had left, and they were all delicious. 

 It was a super cute truck in a kid-friendly food truck park/playground near us.
On Sunday Kathryn and I met a friend of mine from work for a gospel brunch at Threadgill's. If you have absolutely no idea what this means, you're not alone. I didn't either until a few months ago. Apparently, gospel brunches are a thing here and they're even gaining momentum as a sort of hipster experience. Who knew we were so cool? Basically, you eat brunch and listen to a gospel band.

Here's my plate of food picked up at the all-you-can-eat $12 breakfast buffet.
And the band. We were seated right in front, but I couldn't get a very good picture due to the light coming in through the windows. This actually reminds me of an issue I'm having with my iPhone. At night or if there's bright light, like in the picture below, it won't focus and the light always spreads out across the entire frame. Any iPhone experts out there?

Anyway, It was super fun and the band was good! They played mostly bluegrass type gospel music and we all really enjoyed it.

That about sums up the weekend. I'm still in search of a new blog name....help a girl out!


Linking  up with Biana


1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would hear you say that anything "sounded like a lot more fun than ice cream!"

    This is Dad, BTW. Google seems to have deleted all of my personal accounts and I can't get them back because it tells me someone already has them.

    ReplyDelete

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *