Thursday, July 6, 2017

4th Of July Weekend

I'm so slow on this blog revamp it's embarrassing. I'm trying to do 3 things while having approximately zero computer knowledge.

1) I want to transfer my blog to Wordpress, as it seems like the most intuitive platform for what I want to do. Blogger has been fine, but I'm ready for an upgrade.

2) I've spent countless hours trying to think of a catchy name for my blog now that we're not 'Down Under'. I come up pretty much blank every time. If you have any creative ideas, please let me know!

3) I've picked out a new layout on Etsy so I need to make that switch once steps 1 and 2 are done.

_________________________________________________________________

My London and Paris posts are forthcoming, but those take a bit more time to put together, so I thought I'd catch you up on what we've been doing since we've been home.

We checked out a new winery near our apartment one night, with the hit of the night being the owner's dog. I forgot the name of the breed, but it was basically a short-haired German Shephard that is usually used for police work in Europe. He was SO smart, and it kind of made me want to get what Peter would refer to as a 'real dog' someday. Usually I go for the little white fluffy dogs, which Peter thinks are ridiculous and useless, but there's something to be said for a dog that knows what's going on.
I saw the below concoction on Instagram, so we had to go get one, especially because it was about a million degrees all weekend. I have absolutely no idea what was in it, but it was delicious. I had to have a bit of help finishing it, though, so I'm glad there were a few of us to pitch in!
We also hit up Jester King Brewery, which is a bit out in the middle of nowhere, but it was fun to get out of the city for a bit. 

On the actual 4th we started off the morning with a trip to Georgetown, a cute little suburb north of Austin. There was a festival going on in a park along the river, so we hung out there for a bit. 

Kathryn picked up this mini flag and didn't put it down for the rest of the day.


This particular gathering featured some AMAZING patriotic attire. I used to wonder if anyone still purchased those flag tees from Old Navy and the answer is YES. I've never seen so many in my life. This guy pretty much won the whole day with his flag and eagle shirt.
And another one. Where do I get one of these?! And the socks!!
We headed back home for the afternoon and stopped at Kelly's Baking Co. on the way for some 4th of July themed cookie dough cones. 

After resting up and eating dinner we headed out to see the fireworks. We couldn't tell which direction they were launching, so we chose a random spot that ended up being perfect.



 And to close, two of my favorite Independence Day themed memes seen on Instagram this weekend:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *