Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Week in Food

This week has been an especially epic week for food. Last night I went to a new French restaurant in South Yarra called Entrecôte. They serve one main course consisting of some of the best steak I've ever eaten, paired with french fries and a salad for the table to share. We topped it off with a bottle of Pinot Noir Rose, which was perfect for the steak. I literally cannot recommend this restaurant enough. At $39/person plus drinks it was a bit pricier than my usual weekday meal out with friends, but 100% worth it and I plan on taking Peter back there in the near future. For one thing, the ambiance is just so cute and French. Not that I've actually been to France, but Sylvie tells me it's very French! The only downside was the dim lighting, which wasn't ideal for iPhone photography, so keep in mind the photos don't do the meal justice.
The cute little menu! It liked that there was only one choice-made my life easy! 
The herb butter sauce on the steak was definitely the highlight of the meal. 
Even the salad was amazing.  

After we finished eating, Sylvie gave Katie and me some gifts she picked up on her trip home to Belgium and her weekend in Paris. 
A coin purse and Belgian Chocolate!
This little figurine magnet guy, a replica of the famous Manneken Pis statue in Brussels. Yep, it's a peeing boy and it's awesome.  
And Katie, right after she reminded us she is the former president of the Sustainability Club at Bentley University. We were honored to be in her presence. 

For lunch today I headed to Empress of China in Chinatown with Genevieve and Jasmine. 
The entrance to Chinatown obstructed by a beautiful white truck. 

I've only been to one other restaurant in the neighborhood, so it was fun to try out another today. We ordered chicken, beef, and pork dishes and split them. There was plenty of food and we all left full! 
My friends love when I make them pose for pictures "for the blog". Genevieve is actually a legit travel blogger, by the way. Check out her blog!

Tonight Peter and I went to Arbory, which is right across the bridge from us and next to Flinders Street Station. 
I had prosciutto on toast and Peter got the cheeseburger:
And of course after dinner we hit up Brunetti for their amazing flourless chocolate cake. And this is why I don't own a scale. 

Also, I found this hilarious article on Twitter today. It's about the types of annoying people on public transport in Melbourne, but I can imagine it applies to any city. 

2 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me how much food you manage to discover in Melbourne. I've never even heard of half these places. You should seriously think about being a food blogger or at least promote your blog to foodies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! There is so much food here and it's all so good! Also, I have some serious foodie friends who keep tabs on where to go and I just benefit from their research :).

      Delete

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *