Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Faces of a Vikings Fan, etc.

Last Friday morning we rented out the theatre in our apartment building to watch the Vikings-Packers game. 
Peter is in Heaven 
Turns out I can't escape football even on the other side of the world. The Vikings were predictably terrible, and the game was somewhat boring, so I primarily entertained myself by taking pictures of Peter's reactions and it was pretty funny. Sequence below:
Devastation 
Anger
Shame
More devastation  

So that about sums it up. Luckily, we turned it off at halftime and went to the market instead. 
The 55 tram line that's right outside our apartment runs past the Queen Victoria Market, which is really convenient for lugging groceries home. I realize that I took for granted how easy grocery shopping is with a car! 

And as if I don't post enough about food, here is a fabulous Moroccan dinner I had with friends at B'Stilla on Saturday night:

A sticky black ginger bread (I had no clue what this was when I ordered it but it was  awesome!) with berries and chocolate ganache at Top Paddock:

A strawberry meringue from Burch and Purchese, an AMAZING dessert shop in South Yarra:
It tasted pretty much like a giant macaroon. 
I could eat one of everything. Seriously, if you are within 100 miles of Melbourne, run, don't walk, to this place.

We spent a lot of time this weekend working on furnishing our apartment and it's almost done! Pictures to come :). 

2 comments:

  1. OK, so it's probably creepy that I'm commenting on old blog posts, but my colleague's Mum has been sending us food from Burch and Purchese and it is amazing! All the way from Melbourne to regional Western Australia it's still outstanding. The passionfruit 'pillows' are a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not creepy- I am guilty of tracking wayyyyy too far back on people's social media :). Burch and Purchese is so amazing...I haven't tried the Passionfruit one yet, but now I know what to get next time!!

    ReplyDelete

About


Welcome! I started Laura and Peter Down Under in July 2014 when my husband and I moved from the States to Melbourne, Australia for his job. I blog about expat life, our travels, food, and whatever else comes to mind. Follow along on our adventures Down Under!

Follow

Instagram

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pageviews

Awards



Powered by Blogger.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *